Monday, July 6, 2009

Lethbridge, Alberta

Here we are in Lethbridge. My trusty TomTom got us to our destination in record time and with no problems. Then Marcel set his to find his way out again. We had Wooster unloaded and Marcel's onloaded in short order, all our mess cleared out of the van and away he went. Pictures to follow. I got a massive load of laundry done. Whew. I was down to my last outfit. We got to sleep in this morning. What a TREAT! ok so sleeping in is til 6:30, whatever, I enjoyed it. I'm now at the public library as Pam and Roy don't have internet at home. sigh! I can get on occasionally for short bursts from a neighbour's connection but it doesn't last long. Anyhoo, Roy has offered us his pickup truck to haul Wooster home so we will take him up on that offer. And then they will fly out in August for a holiday and drive it back home. WOW! What wonderful friends! I think we will stay here a few days. Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump was one of the stops on our original itinerary so we will go there. Nanton was on MY itinerary. An old western town with masses of antique stores and apparently an air museum so Dave and Roy can enjoy that while Pam and I are shopping. YIPPEE! Their son (who lives on his own) arrived shortly after we did and spent the evening talking military talk with Dave. I think he LOVES Mr. Walker!! We were treated to thunder and lightning shortly after our arrival with storm warnings tonight. I think we should push Wooster outside for a free bath! But why get rid of all that protective oil? We had no problem getting over the border in Coutts. We sent Marcel on ahead to say this is my car and that's my van and that's my trailer and that's my manservant driving it. They asked if our car was insured and Dave said the insurance papers were in the car and as the girl was just heading off for a break I'm presuming she couldn't be bothered to haul us over to prove we had the papers. That's it for now. Just wanted to let y'all know we made it safely to Lethbridge and I presume Marcel is already at work. Ciao for now!

No comments: